Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

malware on MacBook

Been deleting a tonne of Trojans from my Mac - very stressful - just need to know - the images I have attached - are these folders normal system files or are they more malware. there is a ss of the inside of one the folders too. please let me know if I should bin any of the folders or keep it if its just ordinary system files. all replies appreciated thank you very much. BTW the folders I think are dangerous are selected in the image, can someone pls check if any of the other folders in there are malware, thank you very very much!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:47 AM

I did look. CrashReporter is part of the OS. The others you have highlighted appear to be Adware.

Why do you think you should have access to ApplePushService? For whatever reason Apple has locked it down. You not having access means nothing else (malware) has access, either.

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 24, 2020 4:29 AM in response to JackMBP19

CrashReporter is a normal folder.

As far as I'm concerned, all of the Symantec stuff is malware. Just like a Trojan Horse, it pretends that it does something useful, but only destabilizes the OS and reduces security.

It looks like you installed some form of Adware at some point. It is much easier to remove Adware by using Etrecheck than trying to find all the bits and pieces yourself..

Nov 24, 2020 5:35 AM in response to Barney-15E

The Symantec is Norton life lock antivirus that I use which is actually not that great. Can you please look at the image of that folder one more time to confirm that all the other folders other than Symantec are normal folders? also, why do I not have access to the apple push service folder? is it because its part of the os? thank you

malware on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.