Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band 10.4.1

I have got an invitation to update Garage Band to 10.4.1. But I have Catalina 10.15.7.

I must have Big Sur. OK.... Let's try...

No! no possible. My Mac Book Pro is Mid 2012. Backed out. I stay in Catalina... No choice...

But, why my Apple Store shows and announces this Garage Band update with a red badge for me? Ah! OK! I know, I must hide the update... What? Not longer possible. With the current version of App Store, no longer way to hide updates... Let's Google... Waouh! I am only one of 10.000 users facing the same problem... Let's contact Apple then. No possible without money because my legal warranty period is long gone!

Solution: Uninstall the whole Garage Band from your PC. Reset your PC and the badge is gone. Let's now look for an alternative to Garage Band. Happily I never bought Logic as I could have faced the same issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:38 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 8, 2020 12:41 PM in response to MFRU

Not a problem with Logic. I get your frustration as I like to keep GB up to date. There seems to be problems with the updates of Apple Software offered to various Mac OS versions. They give me an unworkable version of Pages on an older iMac running High Sierra. I went back to Sierra as Microsoft bricked my version of Office. At least Apple only screws up free software. LOL.

Garage band 10.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.