Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reset my iPhone SE 2016 and chose "Erase All Content and Settings" it has been stuck on "Uploading items to iCloud" saying "About 17 minutes remaining..." for several hours

Trying to reset my iPhone and chose "Erase All Content and Settings" it has been stuck on "Uploading items to iCloud" saying "About 17 minutes remaining..." for several hours. It gives the option to "Skip Backup" but that makes me nervous that it will progress with erasing the phone without me having a successful back-up to return to.  If I choose “Skip Backup” will it automatically progress with the Erase or will I have the option to stop the Erase once I skip the backup? Is there a way to force it to finish without running the erase.  Or should I just choose "Skip Backup"?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:38 AM

OK I've selected "Skip Backup" and it gave me the option to "Cancel" the "Erase All Content and Settings" process. So I'm now checking the Back Up has worked successfully and will have another go shortly.

1 reply

Trying to reset my iPhone SE 2016 and chose "Erase All Content and Settings" it has been stuck on "Uploading items to iCloud" saying "About 17 minutes remaining..." for several hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.