Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen-Time not obeying limits

Trying to limit how much time my son spends on “among us”. It shows the limit has been reached via the hourglass icon, however, the time keeps ticking on. i.e., it continues to allow him to use the app. I have toggled on “block at end of limit”. I took it all the way down to a 1 minute limit but it just allows him to continue playing. This is not the only apps that behaves this way. It’s deeply frustrating and its been this way for as long as I can remember. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:08 AM

You need to make 100% sure that he does not know the screen time passcode, if he does he can enter that to ignore the limit for this app for this day.

This is the most likely reason this happens.

To be sure I would advice to change the passcode and confirm the old passcode does not work anymore.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that still does not work I would advice to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Mandlanyathi

You need to make 100% sure that he does not know the screen time passcode, if he does he can enter that to ignore the limit for this app for this day.

This is the most likely reason this happens.

To be sure I would advice to change the passcode and confirm the old passcode does not work anymore.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that still does not work I would advice to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

Screen-Time not obeying limits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.