Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I replace the T2 chip, due to the recent discovery which concluded high security flows integrated in the T2 chip

Will I be able to replace to an another non problematic chip / get an option for a MacBook replacement?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:42 PM

So, to cut the long story short, is there an option to replace the chip with a fixed one / get a compensation to purchase a new one with the m1 chip?

You need to contact Apple - asking other users is not helpful since we do not have access to Apple's policies and are not allowed to speculate.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 2:42 PM in response to Hanan_o

So, to cut the long story short, is there an option to replace the chip with a fixed one / get a compensation to purchase a new one with the m1 chip?

You need to contact Apple - asking other users is not helpful since we do not have access to Apple's policies and are not allowed to speculate.

Nov 24, 2020 2:27 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Again, you answered to a question I didn’t ask about.  I asked how do I handle the security problem, not how to live with it; My concern is the option that the MacBook might get stolen, and my personal data will be compromised due to the T2’s malfunction. To be honest, I don’t think that every person is cable of keeping his eyes on their Laptop at every moment of their time, especially when they work, like I do, at open space. In addition to that, I find the security issue very predominant, and that is why I paid more than 4500$ on a computer with a wide arsenal of security measures, such as fingerprint reader etc.

How do I replace the T2 chip, due to the recent discovery which concluded high security flows integrated in the T2 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.