Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find the High Sierra (10.13) Installer?

I am trying to prep my old iMac for sale/donation and want to completely reinstall High Sierra. I have tried unsuccessfully to start in recovery mode, and cannot find the High Sierra installer anywhere to be able to create a bootable external drive.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:22 AM

Click on this link, use your Safari browser not Firefox,

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

Scroll down to Download macOS, click on macOS High Sierra

this will redirect you to the App Store High Sierra download page.

It should say Get or Download.

This will download the full installer app for High Sierra directly to your Applications folder

when finished open the Applications folder and look for Install macOS High Sierra.app it will

be about 5.23GBs in size. This is the full installer app and all you need to install macOS High Sierra

the version it installs is the latest/ last version 10.13.6.

With the Install macOS High Sierra.app you can use Terminal to create a bootable USB installer.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Lee Kabilyo

Click on this link, use your Safari browser not Firefox,

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

Scroll down to Download macOS, click on macOS High Sierra

this will redirect you to the App Store High Sierra download page.

It should say Get or Download.

This will download the full installer app for High Sierra directly to your Applications folder

when finished open the Applications folder and look for Install macOS High Sierra.app it will

be about 5.23GBs in size. This is the full installer app and all you need to install macOS High Sierra

the version it installs is the latest/ last version 10.13.6.

With the Install macOS High Sierra.app you can use Terminal to create a bootable USB installer.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

Where can I find the High Sierra (10.13) Installer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.