Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What determines the length of the bounce in place operation?

Bounce in place seems to take way longer than necessary. I'm wondering if there is a way to get logic to only do what is needed.

I have an instrument track with only one small region. I select only that region, and only that track. When I bounce in place, the counter goes past the end of my region, then it goes past the end of all the regions in my session. Specifically, my region ends at around one minute, there are other (disabled) tracks that have regions going out to about 6 minutes, but the playhead goes all the way out to 33 minutes when bouncing.

It takes over a minute to bounce 12 seconds of audio.

It's definitely not a CPU issue, as my machine has no problem playing this back in real time.

Is there some way to set a limit on how far out Logic goes during this procedure? Any suggestions most welcome as this really slows down my workflow.

Thanks

Jack

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:13 PM

The tail option is available for BiP region only.

Bounce a region in place in a Logic Pro project - Apple Support.

WD

Similar questions

14 replies

Nov 25, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Wilddrums

>>> Bounce in place a track or a region?

I didn't think there was a difference. How would I choose between the two?

I am selecting a single region (which selects the track) and then bouncing.

>>> The limit for BiP is not the length of the MIDI region but the length of the resulting audio including effects. Up to the project length.

Yes. And the resulting audio region is exactly as long as it should be, so that's good. It just takes way too long to generate the audio region.

>>> If BiP a region, do you include the Audio Tail?

Yes. The tail is short. That is not the issue.

My concern is that when the bounce is executing, the playhead runs through the whole project and out to 33 minutes (way past the end of the project).

I'd expect the bounce to be much faster than real time, but maybe that's the issue - maybe it's bouncing in real time - and the playhead is just an anomaly.

Nov 25, 2020 2:33 PM in response to Wilddrums

I tried it with Logic's Bosendorfer Piano instrument - same result.

I also tried moving the region and I can tell you that it is not bouncing in real time as I suspected.

Maybe there's some midi data on one of my tracks somewhere out to 33 minutes...

I did a "Zoom to fit all contents" and it shows the project going out to around 9.5 minutes.

What determines the length of the bounce in place operation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.