Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bounce-in-place of a region processed via sidechain in Logic

Hello,

I didn't find a way to bounce-in-place a region processed (for example by a compressor) via sidechain by another track.

If I try to do it, the sidechain is not taken into account.

Maybe the best thing to do is to show you an example:

In a project I have 2 audio tracks:

One contains a kick on the beat,

The other one is white noise.

The white noise is processed by a compressor driven via sidechain by the kick.

The ratio and threshold are "aggressive" and therefore have a very audible effect on the white noise, but if I do a bounce-in-place, here is the result:

Nothing happened, the signal was not processed!

----------------------------------------------

So I used another strategy:

The kick has no output and I do a general bounce. Here it works:

... but it's tricky: if I have other tracks, I have to mute them and I have to go and find the processed file that will logically replace the initial white noise.

Doing this operation once is playable; doing it repeatedly or with more complex situations (using several source tracks for example...) becomes tedious.

Does anyone have a "real" solution to the bounce-in-place problem with the use of the sidechain?

Thanks

P. S.: it doesn't work with "Selection processing" either

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:00 AM

That is why it is the Stereo out. You can split the stereo out into two mono outs and bounce from either of those:

Here you can make feature requests:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 16, 2021 2:44 AM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks Eriksimon,

Yes, of course, this is the solution I imply (and use in practice on a daily basis) in my third image but, as I said, I find it "convoluted", complicated, unnatural and time consuming.

Another problem appears: if my tracks and files are mono, even if I use a plugin in the Stereo Out that delivers a mono signal, the resulting file will contain 2 channels. Of course, it is possible to reduce it to one channel with a third party software, but it is still a lot of extra time spent.

I find it surprising that this can't be done easily; is there any way to make a request to the Logic developers?

Thanks again for your help

Bounce-in-place of a region processed via sidechain in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.