Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I re-order bookmark folders in Safari 14 on iPad Air 4

I must be missing something very basic. On my aged iPad mini running IOS 9, I can easily move individual Safari bookmarks or bookmark folders up or down the list to change their order, but I cannot see how to do the same thing on my iPad Air 4.

Having opened Safari and displayed the bookmarks and bookmark folders in the sidebar, if I tap "edit" at the bottom of the sidebar, a red delete button is displayed against each bookmark. If I tap the three parallel lines on the right of a bookmark entry, nothing happens. I've tried tapping and tapping and holding the folder icon, the bookmark name and the three parallel lines, but nothing enables me to drag the bookmark to a different position in the list. Instead, I'm shown the content of the bookmark folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 4:37 AM

Tapping the “three parallel lines” will indeed achieve nothing. When exposed, these are “handles”; with your finger, simply drag the handle of the item that you wish to move - up or down the Bookmarks list - to the desired location.

Similar questions

3 replies

How can I re-order bookmark folders in Safari 14 on iPad Air 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.