Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Bcc on my outgoing email

I have found that when I create an email on my iPhone that a strange email address has automatically been added to my BCC line. When I look at the mail profiles it looks like it was inserted by a Red Alert Emergency. I can’t delete this account. Any ideas on how to get rid of this.

When searching I found a weather app that might be responsible and have deleted that.

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:32 AM

This time when he looked for the profile, it showed up.

We were able to delete the profile and it’s gone. Not sure why it didn’t show up the other day, but glad we found it.

You have been very helpful!

Yes, the pandemic has interrupted many things. We met outside when the weather allowed this summer and before fall hit us with cold (Muncie, IN) we taught our clients Zoom. We now teach them from home and have stayed safe that way.

Have a Great Thanksgiving! Ours is a “zoom” celebration, this time...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

This time when he looked for the profile, it showed up.

We were able to delete the profile and it’s gone. Not sure why it didn’t show up the other day, but glad we found it.

You have been very helpful!

Yes, the pandemic has interrupted many things. We met outside when the weather allowed this summer and before fall hit us with cold (Muncie, IN) we taught our clients Zoom. We now teach them from home and have stayed safe that way.

Have a Great Thanksgiving! Ours is a “zoom” celebration, this time...

Nov 25, 2020 8:09 AM in response to TheDuke50

Things to check:

• Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. If there is an entry for Profiles or Device Management directly below VPN tap on it and see if there is a profile that looks like it might be related. If there is you can tap on it and delete it.
  • Are you using a VPN connection? If you are, don’t.
  • Got to Settings/Mail/Accounts (iOS 14) or Settings/Passwords & Accounts (iOS 13 or earlier). If you see an account that might be related tap on it and delete it. Also look under Subscribed Calendars in the same place (for iOS 13 or earlier), or go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts and look there.
  • Do you have an antivirus on your phone? If you do, delete it. AV has no place on an iPhone, which can’t get viruses, and which can’t do anything useful, anyway thanks to the iOS security model.

Nov 25, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for the quick reply.

there are no profiles, profiles does not show on settings.

I will check for “device management”

we found an account under Settings/Mail/Accounts but it would not select to delete.

We will check the calendar setting.

no antivirus on phone, no VPN

My wife and I teach classes on the iPhone to mostly retired community and it is one of their phones, so this will be passed on to him.

Thanks, again!

Nov 25, 2020 9:08 AM in response to TheDuke50

TheDuke50 wrote:

we found an account under Settings/Mail/Accounts but it would not select to delete.

If you can’t delete it then there is either a profile (Settings/General/Profiles) or Settings/General/Device Management.

And it could also be a business, association, or school managed or issued phone that is under mobile device management. If that is the case then it can’t be removed.

I also teach iPhone classes for AARP, but not since the pandemic broke.

Strange Bcc on my outgoing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.