Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need

How to stop syncing the Photos of my Mac Air to the iCloud? My Mac has 525 go storage space and the iCloud only 5. Also my photos need editing and it is better in the Mac.

I transfer to the Mac but they went to the iCloud. Advise please,

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 1:19 PM

Hi, 325chaya.

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you would prefer your photos be stored locally on your MacBook Air instead of in iCloud, but when you try to transfer photos to your Mac they upload to iCloud. We certainly understand how important it is to be able to manage both the storage on your devices and in iCloud while ensuring your photos are going where you want them to go.

It sounds like you have iCloud Photos active on your Mac. We encourage you to follow the steps in “How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?” outlined here:

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Make sure that you go to Photos > Preferences > and select “Download Originals to this Mac” before you disable iCloud Photos if you want to make sure all of your iCloud content is stored locally on your MacBook Air.

Warmest Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 1:19 PM in response to 325chaya

Hi, 325chaya.

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you would prefer your photos be stored locally on your MacBook Air instead of in iCloud, but when you try to transfer photos to your Mac they upload to iCloud. We certainly understand how important it is to be able to manage both the storage on your devices and in iCloud while ensuring your photos are going where you want them to go.

It sounds like you have iCloud Photos active on your Mac. We encourage you to follow the steps in “How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?” outlined here:

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Make sure that you go to Photos > Preferences > and select “Download Originals to this Mac” before you disable iCloud Photos if you want to make sure all of your iCloud content is stored locally on your MacBook Air.

Warmest Regards.

Need

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.