Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio Out menu option in setting

I'm trying to find a way I can use my new HomePod as the default output. I can only find the AirPlay option but that doesn't work for Apps like Netflix, YouTube, etc. I can't find any menu option to select at all.

Am I missing something?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 9:33 PM

With an Apple HomePod you need to have an iPhone or iPad with the Home app, and all devices in the latest OS. Then go to the Home app and select your AppleTV there and choose use HomePod as Tv speaker.

Or you can hold the “Home” button on your remote, the one that looks like a TV and a pop up menu will appear on screen, on the bottom left select your speaker.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 9:33 PM in response to mmci1525

With an Apple HomePod you need to have an iPhone or iPad with the Home app, and all devices in the latest OS. Then go to the Home app and select your AppleTV there and choose use HomePod as Tv speaker.

Or you can hold the “Home” button on your remote, the one that looks like a TV and a pop up menu will appear on screen, on the bottom left select your speaker.

No Audio Out menu option in setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.