Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my TV streaming service to HomePod?

Unsure of how to connect Netflix/Amazon Prime/HBO to my HomePod to use as a speaker. Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 11:29 AM

If you mean using these apps just from the tv apps? You need at least a second Gen Apple TV 4K with the HDMI cable plugged into the tv ARC/ eARC port on your tv. You need a tv with an ARC HDMI port.

Then set the HomePod to default audio on the Apple TV. See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

See: Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support and also : Use other remotes to control Apple TV to be able to control it with the tv remote.

If you have an Apple TV (any model) you can otherwise still use those apps on that to play to HomePods. The above set up makes everything on the tv play to HomePods, including cable tv.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 11:29 AM in response to hellomk

If you mean using these apps just from the tv apps? You need at least a second Gen Apple TV 4K with the HDMI cable plugged into the tv ARC/ eARC port on your tv. You need a tv with an ARC HDMI port.

Then set the HomePod to default audio on the Apple TV. See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

See: Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support and also : Use other remotes to control Apple TV to be able to control it with the tv remote.

If you have an Apple TV (any model) you can otherwise still use those apps on that to play to HomePods. The above set up makes everything on the tv play to HomePods, including cable tv.

How do I connect my TV streaming service to HomePod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.