Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.2.1 Drains battery significantly

iPhone 12 battery drains significantly after the latest IOS update to 14.2.1 version.

Does anyone observed this similar issue ?

@Apple ! Any plans to roll out a fix in the near future.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:45 PM

Ignore this post. Issue is not with the latest version of IOS 14.2.1.

It was just a coincidence that I recently updated the IOS version and Cyclone Nivar hit my place on Nov 25th which resulted in a poor network coverage due to the damages caused to the mobile network towers. And when the mobile network service resumed with full coverage after the cyclone, my phone battery consumption has been reduced.

Issue was due to low network coverage in my place and my mobile was keep on searching for a good signal which drained the battery levels.

Apologies me on this impetuous decision.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 7:45 PM in response to rajaprabahar

Ignore this post. Issue is not with the latest version of IOS 14.2.1.

It was just a coincidence that I recently updated the IOS version and Cyclone Nivar hit my place on Nov 25th which resulted in a poor network coverage due to the damages caused to the mobile network towers. And when the mobile network service resumed with full coverage after the cyclone, my phone battery consumption has been reduced.

Issue was due to low network coverage in my place and my mobile was keep on searching for a good signal which drained the battery levels.

Apologies me on this impetuous decision.

IOS 14.2.1 Drains battery significantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.