Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Search Not Working

I have recently upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur and my Apple Mail search does not work, as it worked before I am assuming this upgrade has caused a problem?

If I type in a name into the search box and the name appears and I select it nothing happens and no search results appear.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:12 AM

timbri,

I was curious if you are still having this issue? (Here's why I'm asking. I noticed that when I was doing a spotlight search on a file, there was a status bar that was showing that spotlight was still indexing. (I just installed Big Sur yesterday, and I'm curious if our issue might have to do with indexing content.) You installed Big Sur a few days ago, so I was curious if search in Apple mail might have cleared up now.

Crossing fingers that's the case for you, and me!

Best,

KJ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 9:12 AM in response to timbri

timbri,

I was curious if you are still having this issue? (Here's why I'm asking. I noticed that when I was doing a spotlight search on a file, there was a status bar that was showing that spotlight was still indexing. (I just installed Big Sur yesterday, and I'm curious if our issue might have to do with indexing content.) You installed Big Sur a few days ago, so I was curious if search in Apple mail might have cleared up now.

Crossing fingers that's the case for you, and me!

Best,

KJ

Apple Mail Search Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.