Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad 10.2 32 gb 2020 or 128 gb

Hello,

I want to give an iPad to my friend.

I am 71 years old and do not know what to choose.

After visiting internet I made the following choice:

1)

or the

2)

IPad mini 5 9.7”

But Apple France doesn’t t have the iPad on stock.

Delivery is the end of December.

And I want to give it on the 5 th of December.

My question:

if I buy the iPad in a store in France, par examples Darty ou another company , I am afraid got another IPad or not a new one, or maybe one from another country. The last thing makes it difficult when the guarantee is given for instance by the shop in that country.

So my question (and I do not have much money):

which IPad should I buy number 1 or 2( my friend visits internet, sends some mails etc)?

And do you think I will get the same IPad in a store as buying at the Apple store?

sorry about explaining so expensive but my English is not very good.

Wish you a nice evening and be careful in those corona temps.

henri

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:33 PM

Darty seems like a trustworthy store in France, no reason to think you may get an iPad that is not what you want from them, unless you have some specific experience with them that makes you think they may give you something different than what you order or not new for some reason.

You should get the same thing there as on the Apple online store or one of Apple owned retail stores in France.

AS to which one to select, that is a very personal decision. Both iPads will work for what your friend does, and the only major difference between them would be the screen size. Would your friend like a larger screen, or a smaller screen? That's really all it boils down to. They are pretty much the same and will work the same way otherwise.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 1:33 PM in response to Henri2500

Darty seems like a trustworthy store in France, no reason to think you may get an iPad that is not what you want from them, unless you have some specific experience with them that makes you think they may give you something different than what you order or not new for some reason.

You should get the same thing there as on the Apple online store or one of Apple owned retail stores in France.

AS to which one to select, that is a very personal decision. Both iPads will work for what your friend does, and the only major difference between them would be the screen size. Would your friend like a larger screen, or a smaller screen? That's really all it boils down to. They are pretty much the same and will work the same way otherwise.

Nov 26, 2020 2:37 PM in response to Phil0124

Goodevening Phil0124,

We are very quickly satisfied and enjoy life. We are not people who use their iPad, computer or telephone for 3 or 4 hours a day. We live in a village with 19 houses and have a large garden, so there is plenty to do.

So now I think, with your advice, that the version Ipad 10.2 32 GB 2020 will do best. Maybe 128 GB is better, but also more expensive. Thank you very much for your advice, it is very helpful.

Have à Nice evening.

Nov 26, 2020 8:44 PM in response to Henri2500

FYI,

A 32 GBs Apple iPad will ONLY have a practical, usable data storage space, after drive formatting and installation of iPasOS, ( which is between 5-6 GBs iPads and, also, need to leave an operational buffer of between 2-4 GBs, as well ) of between 18-20 GBs, AND THAT IS IT!

Compare this to an Apple 128 GBs storage model which after drive formatting and installation of iPadOS and the OS operation buffer of between 2-4 GBs leave a usable, practical data storage amount of aprox. 109-110 GBs.

This is 6 times the data storage space of a 32 GBs iPad model.

Nov 26, 2020 11:59 PM in response to MichelPM

Bonjour Michel PM,

I underdstand. Yes I can buy the 32 Gb for him and he can use ICloud, but i guess that 128 gb is much more efficient. It’ s a pity that he 128gb storage is so much more expensive. And 64Gb storage is not available.

Yes, I think you are right and I have to buy a 128 go storage.

Thank you for your answer , it is very helpful.

Have a nice day

Nov 27, 2020 9:01 AM in response to Henri2500

Hello,

It is a pity. It seems that everyone wants to give an ipad 10.2 2020 128 GB to their friend. :) :)

No stock available here.

It's a shame, I can finally please someone, and Apple doesn't have any stock, nor many stores here. So I wait until the beginning of January. No problem.

So be it. Fortunately, it is not the end of the world, we are happy and we still do not have corona.

What more could a person wish for?

Have a nice weekend to all of you,

best regards,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.