Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not connecting between iPhone and Mac

I can airdrop between my iPad and my iPhone 6 and also between my iPad and my Mac, but not between my iPhone and my Mac, even when I have the setting to everyone. All 3 devices are on the same network. When I try to airdrop from my phone I get a message "no people found" and the iPhone doesn't show up on the Mac. My OS is Big Sur.

Any ideas about what might be going on and how to fix it are appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 7:44 PM

Thanks for responding. I had already read those articles and had everything set up properly so I'm not sure what the problem was, but when I tried again this evening to airdrop a photo to the Mac it was working. Just one of those mystery momentary glitches of technology, I guess. I'll save your response for future reference. 🙏

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 7:44 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks for responding. I had already read those articles and had everything set up properly so I'm not sure what the problem was, but when I tried again this evening to airdrop a photo to the Mac it was working. Just one of those mystery momentary glitches of technology, I guess. I'll save your response for future reference. 🙏

Dec 4, 2020 2:38 PM in response to ksingernc

Hello ksingernc,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having connecting AirDrop between the iPhone and MacBook Air. First, let's make sure that you have the correct settings on both devices:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use AirDrop on your Mac

For the Mac, make sure to check the guidance under "If you can't see the other device in AirDrop".

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Airdrop not connecting between iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.