Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop connection problem

I am trying to airdrop from my iPhone (XR, iOS16.1.2) to my desktop (Mac Mini, Ventura 13.01). The Mac Mini shows up as being available to airdrop from the iPhone but whenever I try it just stops at 'Waiting'. I have no problem with Airdropping to other Macs and iPhones. I have checked all the permissions on the iPhone and it seems to be set right. I cannot find any settings on the Mac desktop that I can adjust. What do I do?

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 5:04 PM

Hi KamSauKau,

We'd like to provide some information and suggestions that may help with this issue.

Please go through the following suggestions, which may help:

1. First, please ensure all devices are updated, so we can rule out an issue there. Here’s how to check for an update on Mac: Update macOS on Mac Here’s how to check for an update on iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad

2. Please check if a firewall is enabled on your Mac, as that can block connections: Block connections to your Mac with a firewall

3. Please confirm that each device has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled, as outlined in the requirements for AirDrop, which are listed here: Use AirDrop on your Mac

4. Please restart each device and test to determine if the issue is still occurring, by using the processes outlined in these links: Restart your iPhone and Shut down or restart your Mac and Restart your iPhone

If the issue continues, please contact Apple Support for assistance. You may be able to reach them here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 5:04 PM in response to KamSauKau

Hi KamSauKau,

We'd like to provide some information and suggestions that may help with this issue.

Please go through the following suggestions, which may help:

1. First, please ensure all devices are updated, so we can rule out an issue there. Here’s how to check for an update on Mac: Update macOS on Mac Here’s how to check for an update on iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad

2. Please check if a firewall is enabled on your Mac, as that can block connections: Block connections to your Mac with a firewall

3. Please confirm that each device has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled, as outlined in the requirements for AirDrop, which are listed here: Use AirDrop on your Mac

4. Please restart each device and test to determine if the issue is still occurring, by using the processes outlined in these links: Restart your iPhone and Shut down or restart your Mac and Restart your iPhone

If the issue continues, please contact Apple Support for assistance. You may be able to reach them here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks!

Airdrop connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.