Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor showing a green/purple tint

Hi all,

I recently came across an external monitor (Acer K222HQL) to hook up to my MacBook Pro. However, the Acer display consistently shows a green/purple tint. I can’t seem to find my particular issue online. Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI doesn’t help.

Tech specs:

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017) 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 2GB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Display: Acer K22HQL

Connecting through HDMI via an adapter (Hyperdrive). The adapter doesn’t have issues with other devices, and the cable itself also works with other devices like my TV. The Acer monitor itself connects fine with Windows laptops without discoloration.

I tried turning Night Shift on and off, and tried different resolutions on the external monitor, to no avail.

I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could help out! Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:16 AM

SOLVED! The problem was in the Hyperdrive adapter. An official Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter works properly.

Similar questions

1 reply

External monitor showing a green/purple tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.