Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugins

Hi. I recently tried to get a free transitions / effects plug-in from Mixkit but and put it in my Effects.localized folder under movies. However, it didn't appear in FCP. When I went into applications, under show package contents - contents - plugins - media providers - resources - templates, it was not there either, it seemed to have its own category (labelled ink opening) amongst the others: Effects, Generators, Titles and Transitions. When I moved it under effects, it was not visible when I went back to FCP. Am I missing something here? When used a plugin under titles from the same site, it worked. Let me know if you can help. Best wishes.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:20 AM

In Titles Typograhy 06 is the category. There is nothing at that level except another folder. In Effects it has to be the same. Ink Opener or something else is the category. Everything after than has to be in a folder like Solids.

Ink Opener is a title not an effect. .moti is the Motion title extension like Glitch Title. .moef is the effects extension.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 11:20 AM in response to william1625

In Titles Typograhy 06 is the category. There is nothing at that level except another folder. In Effects it has to be the same. Ink Opener or something else is the category. Everything after than has to be in a folder like Solids.

Ink Opener is a title not an effect. .moti is the Motion title extension like Glitch Title. .moef is the effects extension.

Plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.