Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Genre

Hi guys. Sorry if someone has answered this before but I couldn't see anything. Basically we have a comedy podcast hosted by Captivate where the 1st category we selected was "Comedy" - but the 2nd category in Captivate we listed the show as "Comedy - Interviews".

Apple Podcasts have our show listed in the Comedy Interviews genre (which was not our primary category and is not an accurate representation of what our show is) and we would like it to be listed in a more generic and broad "Comedy" category.

I've tried just changing it in Captivate so all categories are just "Comedy" but that hasn't updated anything when I look at the podcast in Apple.

Does anybody know how I can fix this so the genre is accurate or has anyone had any similar problems? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 2:53 PM

I'm afraid that AFAIK where there is a category and a sub-category you have to choose the latter, otherwise it will be chosen for you (usually the first one).

The available sub-categories are rather limited - Comedy interviews, Improv, and stand-up. I agree with you that this isn't at all satisfactory, but I don't see a way around this. However you could represent to Podcasts Support that yupou're not happyn with this. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 2:53 PM in response to chrisandjoe

I'm afraid that AFAIK where there is a category and a sub-category you have to choose the latter, otherwise it will be chosen for you (usually the first one).

The available sub-categories are rather limited - Comedy interviews, Improv, and stand-up. I agree with you that this isn't at all satisfactory, but I don't see a way around this. However you could represent to Podcasts Support that yupou're not happyn with this. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Podcast Genre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.