Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Konica Minolta Printer Driver for MacOS Big Sur

Is there any MacOS Big Sur compatible printer driver for konica Minolta printers out there?.. model: pagepro4650EN?

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:27 AM

I work in Konica Minolta (Hong Kong) as technical support, although the website has not been updated, but we confirmed all MacOS 10.15 Catalina drivers work on Big Sur too on Mac PCs running in Intel chip, but not the new Apple M1 chip.

46 replies

Nov 27, 2020 3:39 PM in response to kunleojedokun

Hello,

The latest supported macOS version appears to be Mojave 10.14 (PostScript driver 1.4.1).

https://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/en-gb/customer-support/new-os-compatibility/macos-mojave-(10-14)

You could perhaps check whether it is still possible to use this driver. If not, you may want to try a generic (PostScript) driver under macOS Big Sur.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Jul 20, 2021 3:36 PM in response to jessilynn160

Hi,

Anything of interest under "MacOS Big Sur 11.0"?

https://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport?appMode=public&productId=1876&categoryId=1&subCategoryId=ft0#FT0OS-63

Also, the Konica Minolta bizhub C258 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. If AirPrint is enabled on the printer, it should be possible to print without having to install drivers. The printer and the computer must be connected to the same network (subnet).

The printer appears to support PCL5c, PCL6 (XL), and PostScript 3, so, if nothing else works, it may be possible to use generic PostScript or PCL drivers as well.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Jan 17, 2021 8:01 PM in response to SpartyNC

I just received the latest information from Konica Minolta HQ that they have updated the macOS printer driver for C226i / C227i / C250i / C257i / C266i / C286i / C287i / C300i / C3300i / C3320i / C3350i / C360i / C4000i / C4050i / C450i / C550i / C650i / C750i

• MacOS 11 is supported.
  • Apple M1 chip is supported.

New version is 2.2.3A

It is not available for download on the official website at this moment but you can download from the following link:

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Dec 28, 2020 6:12 PM in response to MXEX

I bought a MacBook Pro M1 two days ago, and discovered today that our networked Konica Minolta bizhub C364e would not allow me to print.

Troubleshooting this, Konica Minolta's US site did not have any updated drivers since 2016 (driver version 5.4) but I found a 2020 driver intended for OS X Catalina (driver version 5.10.0) on the Konica Minolta Europe site. The Europe package looks like it might be A4 only when downloading, but the package actually contained both A4 and US Letter.

After installing this driver on my M1 MacBook, I was able to re-install the printer using the IP address of the printer, and selecting the installed proper driver during the normal process solved the problem. My M1 MacBook is reliably printing using this driver.

https://www.konicaminolta.eu/eu-en/general/support/download-centre

Jan 10, 2021 8:31 PM in response to Koeffe

HQ replied that all existing macOS v10.11 or later (with Intel processor) printer drivers work on Big Sur (v11) EXCEPT macOS (with Apple M1 chip). 1680mf is discontinued model and I do not have the device in Hong Kong for confirmation.

Also I will get the M1 chip Macbook Pro very soon, then I will update with you on the compatibility.

Jan 10, 2021 9:10 PM in response to Koeffe

In our experience, Konica Minolta HQ will update us the OS compatibility list around 3 months after any new OS released. And not just basic printing, they will also confirm other printing features and quality requirement.

Just like ARM-based Windows PC such as "Microsoft Surface Pro X", HQ confirmed no printer driver available for it. You may add the printer using built-in IPP Class driver but printer features would be limited.

I think they are working on the ARM-based macOS as high demand is growing.

Jan 12, 2021 8:46 AM in response to Anpoc

I posted about this on page 1. My prior Intel MacBook with macOS Catalina worked with the old Konica drivers, and I never upgraded to the Konica-approved Catalina driver, nor did I even realize there was a newer version because the Konica US website has not been updated to display it.

However, the Konica Europe site has the updated drivers. They are working on M1 MacBook. Go to the Europe site and download the latest. I put the link in the prior response.

Jan 13, 2021 2:13 PM in response to dn325ci

The 10.15 drivers also do not universally work with many google fonts including commonly and widely used ones like Muli & Roboto Slab on Big Sur.

Using a generic PCL driver works just fine to print these fonts, but using the 10.15 drivers on a bare metal install of Big Sur just prints:

ERROR: invalidfont

OFFENDING COMMAND: show

STACK:

(!)

So, while the 10.15 drivers GENERALLY work on Big Sur, they do not actually have the same compatibility that they do on 10.15 when run on Big Sur. That should be tested and revised for a macOS 11.x release of the Konica Minolta C364e drivers.

Konica Minolta Printer Driver for MacOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.