Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro V. iPad Air

my Siblings and I are looking into purchasing an iPad for our mom, we don’t know which is the better option and if there’s a big difference

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 2:55 PM

Compare iPad models here.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

5 replies

Nov 27, 2020 3:06 PM in response to Barandow

Before recently purchasing my iPad, I viewed several comparison videos between the Pro and Air. For the most part, the Pro was recommended for folks that would be playing action games (because of its faster refresh). The Pro was also highly recommended for folks that would spend a great deal of their time drawing or creating other media content.

I decided on the Air, which has been a great choice for me. For my use, it is a great device with a much friendlier price than the Pro.

Nov 27, 2020 4:47 PM in response to Barandow

If your mom is technically and computer challenged, like my Mom, save yourselves some money and purchase the cheaper, 10.2 inch screen base model iPad 8th gen with the maximum 128 GBs of storage.

All iPads run the same iPadOS and the new 8th gen iPad uses the more modern, but slightly older A12 Bionic processor which was previously used in the 2018 iPad Pro model.

If your Mom is technically and computer challenged, she will never use or understand the more advanced features of an iPad Air or iPad Pro models, anyways.

The 10.2 inch screen iPad 8th gen is still a very capable iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad Pro V. iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.