Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to choose Ipad

Hi, I want to buy IPad for my 80 years mother, she will use it mainly for Facebook & YouTube. What kind do you advise me to buy her? Thanks

May

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 1:56 AM

Get the cheapest, base model, 10.2 inch screen 32 GBs storage, WiFi ONLY, 2019, 7th gen iPad.

She doesn't need anything else for an iPad.

You will need to set her up with an Internet service provider that can provide a WiFi enabled MODEM/router to setup a home wireless Internet network service in her home.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-10.2/

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 1:56 AM in response to mayrahim

Get the cheapest, base model, 10.2 inch screen 32 GBs storage, WiFi ONLY, 2019, 7th gen iPad.

She doesn't need anything else for an iPad.

You will need to set her up with an Internet service provider that can provide a WiFi enabled MODEM/router to setup a home wireless Internet network service in her home.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-10.2/

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 14, 2020 1:55 AM in response to mayrahim

For your described use, you might be best advised to choose the basic “entry level” iPad - choosing sufficient memory to accomodate at least double the anticipated local storage requirements for any photographs or other media that you wish to keep on the iPad. As descrbed, you’re not going to need the advanced functions of more expensive iPad models - and the “basic” model (principally designed for educational use) is very capable and will be somewhat more robust than the sleeker more expensive alternatives. That said, addition of a good case is always advisable.

Why do I suggest at least double? This is because nearly everyone will underestimate their storage need - and internal storage cannot be added later short of replacing the iPad. Better to buy it and have it - than not buy it and need it!

How to choose Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.