Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to purchase an iPad for my 84 year old aunt in another state. Is there anything special I need to know in order to do that?

I want to purchase an iPad for my 84 year old aunt in another state. Do I need any special information to set it up? Has anyone done this and had success?

Posted on May 10, 2021 12:17 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Kat_ann_1949

Kat_ann_1949 wrote:

I want to purchase an iPad for my 84 year old aunt in another state.

This suggests two very different possible scenarios.

1. Purchase the iPad and have it delivered in its factory sealed box to your aunt, who will unbox it and set it up. Limnos’s response applies perfectly.
  2. Purchase the iPad, have it shipped to you, you unbox it and set it up then send it to your aunt. This is a much more challenging scenario, as you would have to establish your aunt’s Apple ID and password, or use her existing information if she has it. You would read and follow the article linked above.

I want to purchase an iPad for my 84 year old aunt in another state. Is there anything special I need to know in order to do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.