Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant payment method verification for family plan

So, I've been running into an issue every now and then where I'll try to make an in-app purchase or download a new app or something, and it will suddenly be asking me to verify a payment method, again. If it were just something that happened once or twice, that would be one thing, but it keeps doing this. Furthermore, it only seems to be happening to me, and not anyone else on the family plan; neither of the other two (three, if you include my father) members seem to have this happen to them at all, but for me it seems to happen semi-regularly. I know it happened twice last month, once when I was making a purchase on my iPad, then a week and a half later on my phone; now it's doing it yet again a month later.

The real pain for all of this is that I'm something of a night owl and do most of my gaming and such at night, which is when I'd try to make a purchase. The problem is, the whole thing is under my father's family plan, for the extra data storage and everything else, and we don't live in the same house. As it stands, I often get the error at night, end up waiting until the next day when he sees the notice and sends me the code, by which point it's already timed out so I try again and it sends him a new code. It's a lot of back and forth that we've already done before and it wants us to keep repeating for seemingly no reason.

I don't feel like I'm doing anything to cause this, but I feel like I have to be given that I'm the only one causing this thing to happen. He's already told me that I'm the only one who triggers these things; it doesn't seem to happen to him or the other two members on the same plan. The only possible thing I could think of would be the fact that I make most of my purchases via Apple gift card so that I don't suddenly hit him with my gaming expenses because being part of a plan means that all purchases go through the plan holder, or because I'm the only plan member not living in the same house. If this is some kind of known issue, I'd like to know, because as nice as the extra storage and stuff are, this might be turning into more trouble than it's worth if this is gonna be something that keeps on happening all the time.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 9:27 PM

Sorry, just noticed that when I put in info on the device, I clicked my old phone info; it's supposed to be and iPhone Xr, version 14.2. Sorry for any confusion

Similar questions

1 reply

Constant payment method verification for family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.