Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail quites unexpectedly on Macbook Air

Does anyone have a fix for this issue. I've tried the holding shift key. It worked for a time but the problem is back. Tried all the nominated fixes....to no avail.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:13 PM

try mail > mailbox > rebuild [it's the last one].

I'd define a new user. Set up mail on the new account. See what happens.

Try a different email client. I use Thunderbird.

This can be a difficult problem to work around. Could be mail is croaking on some message. You need to find it and delete it [easy to advise, but difficult to implement].

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 11:13 PM in response to Howtha53

try mail > mailbox > rebuild [it's the last one].

I'd define a new user. Set up mail on the new account. See what happens.

Try a different email client. I use Thunderbird.

This can be a difficult problem to work around. Could be mail is croaking on some message. You need to find it and delete it [easy to advise, but difficult to implement].

Nov 28, 2020 5:40 PM in response to rccharles

Hey rccharles.

Thanks for the response. Your advice has sent me in the right direction. After several (frustrating) hours, I determined there may have been a problem with an email I received on my Yahoo address. Your suggestions about mail 'croaking' supported my theory, so I've deleted as many emails as possible from around the time the issue first became evident. And...voila...issue resolved.

Thanks again for your response.

Mail quites unexpectedly on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.