Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring does not work at all

I don’t know why this is happening - it should be a simple matter. I have an iPad Pro and a Sharp 4K TV with an Apple TV box connected. I have read the procedure a dozen times and it just does not work. The image on the iPad screen appears on the TV and then both images freeze. I can get the iPad image back easily but the TV image remains frozen. No matter what I do, it will not display the output from the source that the iPad is using.

I heard so many times that Apple was “user friendly”. This is not what I think of when I hear that term.

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:15 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 29, 2020 3:38 PM in response to Kansai Yankee

My apologies for not making myself clear - I’m not a newcomer to technology, and the first thing I did was look up troubleshooting tips for AirPlay and Apple TV. Nothing has had any effect.

I can get YouTube and Netflix to work - because they come installed in the TV, of course. I made this purchase solely

because I had carefully researched the AirPlay function and its compatibility with Apple TV. It’s not rocket science, so why

doesn’t it work?

There was a recent update to iOS - did this mess something up?

Nov 29, 2020 8:53 PM in response to Demo

Yes, although I usually leave this as a last resort, especially when everything else is working fine on the network (iMac, Apple TV, iPad, etc.) but just one application/ function is failing. Besides, I have to walk back downstairs to set up the network node again before I can use it with the iPad!

As it turns out, the problem was with Amazon Prime Video (or at least it is so far) and I didn't try to play back content on other web sites. Once I navigated to IMDb and ran a couple of videos with no problems, I started looking at Amazon as the source of the difficulty.

I have to use the Prime Video app from the App Store to log in to the server, not the Safari web browser. If I do that, everything works just fine. Why that is - well, there are some mysteries that are best left unsolved.

Thanks very much for your willingness to lend assistance. Maybe, if other iPad users encounter a similar problem, this could be recorded/preserved somewhere...?

Nov 30, 2020 2:40 AM in response to Kansai Yankee

You’re welcome, though, I really didn’t do much to help at all.

If you were to mark your last response to me as Solved, other users with similar problems may see your response. That would be the best way to preserve your findings for other to see.

These gadgets can be fussy at times in spite of all of the hoopla surrounding them, but when everything works as it should, it’s really a joy. Best of luck moving forward and enjoy your new Apple TV.

Screen Mirroring does not work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.