Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen is not "full" while mirroring

When I am mirroring with Airplay my IPad on my smart TV I always have a black frame, the picture is not “full” on the screen. Settings on TV do not make any difference. Any idea how to change it? Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 16, 2021 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 7:49 PM

Most times whwn mirroring an iPad to any monitor or TV, the image will NOT fill/fit the monitor screen.

Most iPad screens are a ratio of 4:3, like old TVs from way back.

So, that is the screen mirror ratio that will be mirrored to any modern TV or monitor.

The iPad screen and even most TV mirror apps will NOT fill a modern video monitor or today's flat screen TVs with a much linget length to height ratio.

Sorry.

Hopefully, Apple will fix this with the new 2021 iPad Pro models and any up and coming subsequent new iPads and with the yet to be announced iPadOS 15.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 7:49 PM in response to jean-pierre1960

Most times whwn mirroring an iPad to any monitor or TV, the image will NOT fill/fit the monitor screen.

Most iPad screens are a ratio of 4:3, like old TVs from way back.

So, that is the screen mirror ratio that will be mirrored to any modern TV or monitor.

The iPad screen and even most TV mirror apps will NOT fill a modern video monitor or today's flat screen TVs with a much linget length to height ratio.

Sorry.

Hopefully, Apple will fix this with the new 2021 iPad Pro models and any up and coming subsequent new iPads and with the yet to be announced iPadOS 15.

Screen is not "full" while mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.