Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband & Catalina 10.15

I saw an earlier reply where someone said to download Garageband 10 version 10.3.3 as the newer 64-bit iMacs don't support the other versions - but I can't find that? The version I have is 10.3.5 but it won't update. App Store says ..........."We could not complete your update. GBand can't be installed on "Mackintosh HD" because macOS version or later is required".....but I have Catalina 10.15........thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Hi Pebblet,

Got it, thanks for clarifying. We're glad to hear it's working as expected.

We can recommend the steps in the following guide to prepare for and process the upgrade to Big Sur at your convenience:

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 6, 2020 3:40 PM in response to Pebblet

Hi Pebblet,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities. We're glad to help with GarageBand!

You've currently got the latest version of GarageBand installed that is compatible with macOS Catalina. The subsequent version is 10.4.1, which requires macOS Big Sur, so this message you're seeing when attempting to update is expected.

Here's a link with more information:

GarageBand for macOS release notes

Are you able to open and run the GarageBand app installed on your computer without issue?

Have a great day!

Garageband & Catalina 10.15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.