Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time recording 24hour usage

So i typically only use my phone 3-4 hours a day, and screen time usually reflects this. But today I noticed the past week my screen time was at like 18 hours. In the screenshot, you can see it’s recording Safari as being on the screen 24/7. I set a 1 minute limit, and closed all tabs on Safari but it seems that it continues to just count up the hours. Why is this happening and how can I stop this from running? I consistently close apps after I use them, and I don’t even use Safari as my primary browser.

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:01 PM

Hey astrocooled,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We can see from the screenshot that Safari isn't recording the correct screen time information. We're happy to provide some information to help.

We'd like to have you turn off Screen Time off, and then set it up again and test if the same behavior continues. To turn off Screen Time, visit Settings > Screen Time > Turn off Screen Time. Once you've done that, go ahead and restart your device using the steps here: Restart your iPhone

Then, use the steps to set up Screen Time again here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We do want you to be aware that with these steps, and turning Screen Time off, you will not have access to the previous Screen Time details after setting it back up.

Thank you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 5:01 PM in response to astrocooled

Hey astrocooled,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We can see from the screenshot that Safari isn't recording the correct screen time information. We're happy to provide some information to help.

We'd like to have you turn off Screen Time off, and then set it up again and test if the same behavior continues. To turn off Screen Time, visit Settings > Screen Time > Turn off Screen Time. Once you've done that, go ahead and restart your device using the steps here: Restart your iPhone

Then, use the steps to set up Screen Time again here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We do want you to be aware that with these steps, and turning Screen Time off, you will not have access to the previous Screen Time details after setting it back up.

Thank you.

Screen time recording 24hour usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.