Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time shows YouTube usage 24/7 but I don’t even have the app

Hello all. As the title says, when I look at screen time, any hour that I am not actually using my phone, screen time shows YouTube running. The weird part is that I don’t even have the YouTube app. So I have no idea what’s happening.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:55 AM

I've had some glitches before where my phone would start counting usage for an app after only using it for one minute or so (even if I completely closed it), and I think that's what is going on here. Try restarting your device. Although a restart might not clear the usage from the record, it should stop adding more time to that usage. If it continues to count the use of YouTube, let me know.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Bronto33

I've had some glitches before where my phone would start counting usage for an app after only using it for one minute or so (even if I completely closed it), and I think that's what is going on here. Try restarting your device. Although a restart might not clear the usage from the record, it should stop adding more time to that usage. If it continues to count the use of YouTube, let me know.

Apr 26, 2021 8:36 AM in response to Bronto33

Hello Bronto33,

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help! App limits is a wonderful feature, and ensuring that you're seeing accurate information is important. Although you don't have the YouTube app installed do you visit the YouTube website in Safari or in a different web browser?

If so, and that website is still open, or are you receiving messages that contain links to a YouTube show? Also, have if you don't want the app installed, and are confident that it's not installed have you checked your App library, or verified if the app is installed by searching for YouTube on the device, or in the App Store?

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

Apr 26, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Bronto33

Thank you for those additional details Bronto33,

We're glad you were able to verify that YouTube isn't open in your web browser. You mentioned that ScreenTime isn't linked to another device. To clarify, you're not signed in to your Apple ID on another Apple product? If you are, have you verified the ScreenTime settings on that device? If so, and the issue continues the next step we would recommend would be to contact Apple. You can find their contact details via the Get Support website.

Have a great day!

Screen time shows YouTube usage 24/7 but I don’t even have the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.