Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac--Authorize/deauthorize questions

I migrated my system from an old iMac to a new iMac running Catalina using TimeMachine, and now I'm trying to tidy up. Two questions:

1) When syncing my iPhone to the new Mac, I got a notice that some songs (many, in fact) are "not authorized on this computer." I seem to be able to click on them in the library and authorize them one by one, but isn't there a global command that will do that?

2) When I'm satisfied that everything is in place, I intend to turn on the old Mac (it's been turned off since the migration) de-authorize it, and wipe the disk. What's the best way to do that? I seem to have the option to remove it from the account in the Apple ID pane of System Preferences on the new Mac, but is that a good option?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:28 AM

For iTunes authorization and deauthorization information see: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

When you are finished with the old Mac, see: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

New Mac--Authorize/deauthorize questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.