Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iTunes playlist on Apple or can I still use it with just iTunes?

I have a playlist on iTunes with all my favorite songs from The Voice and I can't seem to purchase any songs now, so I signed in to Apple Music but how do I get my playlist from iTunes? Can I just use the playlist on iTunes even with Apple Music? I don't know much about all this. I don't want to lose my

playlist.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:06 PM

Hello MyaRose73,

No worries, as we'll tackle each of your questions one at a time. Please keep in mind that iTunes version 12.11 is the latest version available for PC, but it does required Windows 10 or later. Currently, you have the latest iTunes version installed for Windows 7(version 12.10.10). We have answers to three of your questions:

1. You mentioned wanting to save your music, but rest assured, your purchases are saved within your Apple ID. You can always log back in it and download any purchased songs. For your reference, here's a link that shows how to download past purchased items: See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more
  2. We have a link that'll show how to create a CD in iTunes on your PC: Create CDs and DVDs in iTunes on PC
  3. We'd also like to discuss another way to share your playlists across your devices. As you mentioned recently signing up for Apple Music, you can sync your library(including playlists) from within iTunes on your PC to any other devices you use with Apple Music. Here's a link that'll show how: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

For your last question, we understand that you're unable to purchase any songs in iTunes, but we're still not understanding exactly occurs when you try. For example: does it not do anything at all when you click on a song to purchase it, it shows an error message, etc. Any extra details will help us to understand what's happening to get your last question answered.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:06 PM in response to MyaRose73

Hello MyaRose73,

No worries, as we'll tackle each of your questions one at a time. Please keep in mind that iTunes version 12.11 is the latest version available for PC, but it does required Windows 10 or later. Currently, you have the latest iTunes version installed for Windows 7(version 12.10.10). We have answers to three of your questions:

1. You mentioned wanting to save your music, but rest assured, your purchases are saved within your Apple ID. You can always log back in it and download any purchased songs. For your reference, here's a link that shows how to download past purchased items: See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more
  2. We have a link that'll show how to create a CD in iTunes on your PC: Create CDs and DVDs in iTunes on PC
  3. We'd also like to discuss another way to share your playlists across your devices. As you mentioned recently signing up for Apple Music, you can sync your library(including playlists) from within iTunes on your PC to any other devices you use with Apple Music. Here's a link that'll show how: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

For your last question, we understand that you're unable to purchase any songs in iTunes, but we're still not understanding exactly occurs when you try. For example: does it not do anything at all when you click on a song to purchase it, it shows an error message, etc. Any extra details will help us to understand what's happening to get your last question answered.

Cheers!

Dec 7, 2020 7:48 AM in response to MyaRose73

Hey there MyaRose73,

We'd like to help with both issues, but we'll need more details to start:

1. We understand that you recently signed up for Apple Music, but let us know exactly what happens when you try purchasing a song.
  2. Please confirm what you're trying to do exactly with that playlist you mentioned. The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to help.
  3. Let us know which Windows version you're running on your PC, along with making sure to have installed the latest Microsoft updates.
  4. Is the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC? Here are the steps to check: Update iTunes on PC

We look forward to hearing back from you, and take care!

Dec 7, 2020 9:57 AM in response to Matthew.S81

Hello Mathew,

I am running WINDOWS 7 HP and I do have the latest version of iTunes 12.10.10

I've had iTunes for quite some time. I purchase songs on it from THE VOICE because it gives points to who I'm voting for.

This season, THE VOICE is not working with iTunes. I have DOWNLOADED APPLE BUT I can't purchase any songs and I have

a large playlist on iTunes I would like to move to Apple since I won't be using iTunes anymore but I don't know how to

do any of this. I don't know much about computers at all so I'm having a difficult time trying to figure this out. I just don't want to lose my playlist. I would love to download them to a disc but I don't even know how to do that. That would be my best bet and I'd be happier with that but I don't know who to have do it for me. I have the blank CD's. My Microsoft updates are done by Microsoft automatically. I don't know what else I can help you with. Is there anything more I can explain to you? Thank you for answering my concern and helping me work this out. I look forward to your next response. Theresa Selleke

Dec 10, 2020 12:12 PM in response to bruno75

Hi!

First of all, I'd like to say THANK YOU! all the advice you have given me. Everything is working as you said it would.

It took me a while to do some things as I told you, I do not know anything about computers. I'm a 73 years old

handicapped widow that does e-mail and I have my bills set on auto pay. I kind of search websites like Amazon

and I learned how to order my groceries for delivery from Kroger. I know what I was doing wrong when I tried

to purchase some songs, it was the songs from The Voice and I didn't know at that time that they weren't doing

the same thing as last season and when I entered either the contestant's name or song, it came up as nothing

found for this artist or son. They just explained it on The Voice Monday night about downloading the songs from

the night on Apple. I haven't tried it yet. I didn't quite understand if it had to be done right then on that night or

at any time as long as it was on Apple Music. I will try and see if I can download a song when I'm done.

Once again, thank you so much for your help. You made it in clear English so I can understand it very well.

Most responses are like a doctor talking to you. You don't understand the words he's saying so how do you know

what's wrong with you? lol I have to ask him in the way I understand it and make sure I got it right. He laughs at me.

That's o.k. Have a safe and peaceful holiday! Mya Rose 73

How do I get my iTunes playlist on Apple or can I still use it with just iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.