Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro m1 won't update apps

My new MacBookPro13in M1 has 5 updates in the App Store that time-out after about 15 minutes. I am updated to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:44 AM

I suspected that those were the five.

Usually you need to accept those free apps into your App Store account before they are actually yours to upgrade.

If you open the App Store app and click on your Account in the bottom left corner, those apps should appear there for you to accept into your account.

But, if for some reason those apps don't appear there for you to accept, the work around is to delete the apps and redownload them. You will get the updated versions and they will be licensed copies registered to your account.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 7:44 AM in response to EddieSanDiego

I suspected that those were the five.

Usually you need to accept those free apps into your App Store account before they are actually yours to upgrade.

If you open the App Store app and click on your Account in the bottom left corner, those apps should appear there for you to accept into your account.

But, if for some reason those apps don't appear there for you to accept, the work around is to delete the apps and redownload them. You will get the updated versions and they will be licensed copies registered to your account.

Dec 8, 2020 6:54 AM in response to Dah•veed

Unfortunately, neither of those methods work.

Clicking on the Account in the bottom left corner brings you to a "Mac Apps" page where it displays the icons of each of the five apps with the "UPDATE" button. Clicking UPDATE does nothing.

Alternatively, deleting and reinstalling doesn't work because it doesn't reinstall. The little grey progress circle just spins and spins and spins.

Thankfully, my college provides Microsoft Office 365 Suite to us so I don't really need Pages or Numbers. It's just frustrating when you get a new MBP and you can't even update the software on it.

Jan 18, 2021 4:19 AM in response to EddieSanDiego

Same issue, 5 updates in the App Store that wouldn't update even after restarting. Here's what worked for me:

Instead of clicking on the Updates tab in the App Store, I went into the "Store" menu and selected "View My Account." In the Account window it lists all of the apps I've previously installed, including the 5 that need to be updated. By clicking on the individual Update buttons in this window, the updates were installed.

Good luck!

MacBook Pro m1 won't update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.