Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change default copy and paste command

Hi Folks,

I know that you can use the Option+Shift+Command+V to paste without carrying the format across. I was wondering is there a way to replace it as default paste style?

So that whenever I use cmd v it will strip the formatting? rather than having to use option and shift?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 3:43 AM

The current copy/paste keyboard shortcuts are compiled into Finder, and respective applications, usually through the use of a common Apple library framework. Application developers can add specialty Edit menu items for custom paste operations, which expect their own specific keyboard shortcuts. You won't be able to change these shortcuts.

Each application that copies, or receives pasted content via the clipboard has its own preferred data types for that purpose. If you copy content that is not intended to be received by the recipient application, the resultant paste operation may not result in what you expect.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 3:43 AM in response to R-H9667

The current copy/paste keyboard shortcuts are compiled into Finder, and respective applications, usually through the use of a common Apple library framework. Application developers can add specialty Edit menu items for custom paste operations, which expect their own specific keyboard shortcuts. You won't be able to change these shortcuts.

Each application that copies, or receives pasted content via the clipboard has its own preferred data types for that purpose. If you copy content that is not intended to be received by the recipient application, the resultant paste operation may not result in what you expect.

Change default copy and paste command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.