Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot

With High Sierra the connection to my iPhone was Automatic or my iPhone appeared automatically when I clicked on the wifi symbol, however now with Big Sur it does not appear and does not pair automatically with the iPhone which is really annoying and make me lost times every time my Mac power on or go off sleep mode ....

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:14 AM

Apple_Learner wrote:

With High Sierra the connection to my iPhone was Automatic or my iPhone appeared automatically when I clicked on the wifi symbol, however now with Big Sur it does not appear and does not pair automatically with the iPhone which is really annoying and make me lost times every time my Mac power on or go off sleep mode ....

Well High Sierra was quite a few macOS ago...

Use a mobile phone to connect your Mac to the internet

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/blth22/mac

Not too sure about this article to be honest. WiFI hotspot , ask to join—you are not limited in download speed depending on your provider.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 7:14 AM in response to Apple_Learner

Apple_Learner wrote:

Well High Sierra was quite a few macOS ago...

Use a mobile phone to connect your Mac to the internet

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/mac-help/blth22/mac

Not too sure about this article to be honest. WiFI hotspot , ask to join—you are not limited in download speed depending on your provider.

Nov 30, 2020 7:31 AM in response to leroydouglas

Okay well I did not say the good version of my OS sorry it was of course the Catalina, I don't know why High Sierra was in my mind sorry ...

However I tried what you said and it still was not working but then I though that may be I needed to reinitialize my bluetooth connection as the update might have deleted it. And BINGO that was the link that is needed to automatically connect the iPhone without needing to unlock iPhone go to setting, ...

Anyway thank you for your time, hope it will help other people, I saw I was not alone in this case.

Personal Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.