Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I erase my account from a sold iphone ?

I sold my iphone 7 a year ago, the buyer has access to my account. How can I erase this phone ?

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:19 PM

See this, What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support You mean that you did not erase your iPhone and the seller has had this for a year with all of your account info on it? You may need to wipe the phone if Find My iPhone is still active on the device under your Apple ID. Of course, the buyer may not appreciate you wiping the phone with their info on it as well.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 12:19 PM in response to ketso2072

See this, What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support You mean that you did not erase your iPhone and the seller has had this for a year with all of your account info on it? You may need to wipe the phone if Find My iPhone is still active on the device under your Apple ID. Of course, the buyer may not appreciate you wiping the phone with their info on it as well.

How can I erase my account from a sold iphone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.