Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding image to one page without making new sections.

Hi.

So, I'm formatting a book where the first chapter page has a background image colour, and another image over the top.

Is there any way I can just add this to one page and put it behind the text (like in Word) without making a new section?

The image duplicating to every page is annoying, not to mention the way the page numbering alters.

I literally need to add this image to the chapter page, and that's it.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Two sections per chapter.

1. Chapter page with background image as Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.
  2. Chapter pages where on the first page of the new section, you visit Document panel : Section : [ ] Match previous section to disable section master content on pages of the chapter.

This keeps your background artwork on the first page of the Chapter, and off the rest of chapter's pages.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 3:19 PM in response to Author D

Two sections per chapter.

1. Chapter page with background image as Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.
  2. Chapter pages where on the first page of the new section, you visit Document panel : Section : [ ] Match previous section to disable section master content on pages of the chapter.

This keeps your background artwork on the first page of the Chapter, and off the rest of chapter's pages.

Adding image to one page without making new sections.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.