Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

When creating an ePUB document using PAGES, I can't keep an image on the same page as the text

I am using Pages to create an ePUB document. This is for an eBook to be self-published on Amazon Kindle. There is only one image in the whole book, and I cannot figure out how to "pin" it to the text.

The image keeps showing up on its own page, and NOT above the appropriate text.

It is for the "About the author" page. I want to include a single image above the line "About the author"... But there is a page with nothing more than the image sitting alone on a page, and the NEXT page has the line "About the author" with the text below.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how it to get it to stay above the text!

Please help!

Mike

Image shows how it looks in the Pages doc (below)

How it looks on the ePUB doc (below)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:23 AM

When you insert the Author's picture, set Arrange panel : Text Wrap to Above and Below. Object Placement to Stay on Page. Then export the EPUB using Layout, not Reflow and embed fonts. Doing that, here is what I got when viewed in Apple's Books after creation in Pages v13.1 using your text but a handier image:

Note that Kindle Gen expects Word or PDF input documents and its Kindle book results may vary depending on its input content.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 11:23 AM in response to Mike Clelland

When you insert the Author's picture, set Arrange panel : Text Wrap to Above and Below. Object Placement to Stay on Page. Then export the EPUB using Layout, not Reflow and embed fonts. Doing that, here is what I got when viewed in Apple's Books after creation in Pages v13.1 using your text but a handier image:

Note that Kindle Gen expects Word or PDF input documents and its Kindle book results may vary depending on its input content.

When creating an ePUB document using PAGES, I can't keep an image on the same page as the text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.