Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked iPhone iCloud Backup Problem

Situation:

I have been thoroughly hacked, that much is clear. Part of the problem is that my iPhone has never had CA’s installed. I know I have to do a Factory Reset, so I just bought 50G of iCloud storage to back up the things I want to save to iCloud before I do the reset.

As I was doing the backup, to iCloud, I got a message telling me that my iPhone is not secure and messages/mail are not being encrypted.

The Apple Level 2 support person who I was on the phone with dismissed that message as unimportant. I am certain that she should not have.

Problem #1

My mail settings have always been locked down as follows:

Signed: NO”

Encrypt by default: NO“

Problem #2

There is 20 Gig of permanent unidentifiable “Other System” storage on my phone. It fluctuates only by a Meg ir so, always growing bigger—never smaller. The iOS system takes only 5.2 Gig.

i’m pretty sure that whatever is in the 20 Gig of mystery system storage is part of the hack. And even though I only checked 5 boxes to back up (Notes, Photos,, News, Messages, and Mail—my entire phone was uploaded—it took every singe thing on my phone, including the 20 Gig of mystery system storage.

The problem:

After I do the factory reset, I’m sure that 20 Gig will download along with my photo, Nites, etc. The entire purpose of this factory reset is to delete the 20 Gig and to allow my phone to encrypt and establish secure links like it should.

Solutions anyone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:30 PM

See -- Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Similar questions

5 replies

Hacked iPhone iCloud Backup Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.