Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very slow download and upload speeds on new iPhone 12pro plus

I traded in my iPhone XS, which just prior to sending back became very slow when using the internet, both in terms of uploads and downloads. The new iPhone 12 pro plus seems to have inherited the same problem. Broadband provider isn’t the issue as my old iPad Pro is working well speed wise-it’s reasonably fast. I have tried network resets, forgetting the provider and rejoining. The speed checks for downloads are between 2.2 to 6.1mbps, uploads sometimes can’t be read or might venture up to 7 to 9 mbps. Ping is all poor at a steady 222.ms. My iPad download speed is around 35-40 mbps, but upload speed hasn’t provided a reading as yet but Ping is great at 10.0ms.

i am still using the same SIM card from old phone and obviously reloaded old phone’s data.

anyone got any ideas what the issue is?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:40 PM

Hi, I had looked up and done all these and went through the Apple helpline today for more guidance. He was as perplexed my it as I was and confirmed all the things I had tried was all that could be done, aside from resetting to factory settings (after back-up). This resolved the issue. Whatever it was related to some software issue or bug, but all is well now. It was weird as the old phone (XS) that I traded in for the new 12 pro plus picked up the issue just before I swapped them. But I uploaded the old phone via quick set up so I guess that’s why it exhibited same issues. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:40 PM in response to ryane77

Hi, I had looked up and done all these and went through the Apple helpline today for more guidance. He was as perplexed my it as I was and confirmed all the things I had tried was all that could be done, aside from resetting to factory settings (after back-up). This resolved the issue. Whatever it was related to some software issue or bug, but all is well now. It was weird as the old phone (XS) that I traded in for the new 12 pro plus picked up the issue just before I swapped them. But I uploaded the old phone via quick set up so I guess that’s why it exhibited same issues. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Dec 7, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Privatejoker19

Hi Privatejoker19,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. Network speed is definitely important! We understand you've been experiencing some issues with download and upload speeds on a new iPhone, and it may have been happening on an iPhone XS previously as well; is that right?

To clarify, are you referring to Wi-Fi, or cellular speeds?

If you mean Wi-Fi, have you tried restarting the router? That may help even if you have another device that seems to be operating faster like the iPad you mentioned.

If that doesn't help and the issue is with Wi-Fi only, try these tests. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and turn it off entirely and test; does that make a difference? Make sure you turn Bluetooth off using the path above rather than disconnecting from Control Center. Also, we recommend tapping Settings > Cellular and then temporarily disabling LTE; then, test again. How does that work?

Let us know! Also, be sure to include your current iOS version.

Best wishes.

Very slow download and upload speeds on new iPhone 12pro plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.