Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My time machine backups keep getting interrupted by the machine "timing out"...it quits the open apps after awhile (when unattended) and the back up stops. I have energy saver set to "never".

My Time Machine backup effort to an external HD keeps being interrupted/stopped when the machine, while unattended, quits apps and goes to the log-in screen. I have energy saver set to "never". Unless I sit with the machine keeping it awake, this always happens. How do I stop this so the back up (650 GB) continues to completion once started by me manually.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 6:46 PM

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Security and make sure that you do not have a logout or lock screen set after a period of time.

Similar questions

1 reply

My time machine backups keep getting interrupted by the machine "timing out"...it quits the open apps after awhile (when unattended) and the back up stops. I have energy saver set to "never".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.