Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spilt nail polish remover on my macbook

I spilt nail polish remover on the top right corner of my macbook and it seems to have seeped into the bottom corners of my screen and has almost bleached/stained them. It has gone into the keyboard and the middle keys’ lights won’t work but the surrounding keys’ lights do. The speakers do not play music but when i put in my earphones they still work perfectly. Any advice to go about fixing it or what’s needed?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:54 PM

orlaith1502 wrote:

I spilt nail polish remover on the top right corner of my macbook and it seems to have seeped into the bottom corners of my screen and has almost bleached/stained them. It has gone into the keyboard and the middle keys’ lights won’t work but the surrounding keys’ lights do. The speakers do not play music but when i put in my earphones they still work perfectly. Any advice to go about fixing it or what’s needed?

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warranty replacement rates will apply

(*note: there may be some delay due to the temporary Apple Store closures)

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 1:54 PM in response to orlaith1502

orlaith1502 wrote:

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warranty replacement rates will apply

(*note: there may be some delay due to the temporary Apple Store closures)

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

spilt nail polish remover on my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.