Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I the only one annoyed by Apple TV +?

Is there any free content on Apple TV + worth watching? Most of the content I have found tries to get a person to pay for yet another service (Hulu, etc.). Why would one want to pay $4.99 to Apple TV + just to end up getting offered the opportunity to pay for yet another service to view a show or movie that Apple is advertising for? Apple has their TV service offering all wrong if they are looking to actually score viewers and sales of their own products and services. The app is the least user friendly TV app I have seen and the up-sell tactic really turns me off.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Who wants to take the time to sort through the content to determine what is free Apple viewing vs. content another service has to be subscribed to in order to view it? No other streaming service I use is set up like that. Besides the lack of selections on Apple TV +,, having to wade through the the content to determine wh

at can be viewed for free is likely why most everyone uses other services over Apple.

FOX News was a good example of the bologna Apple serves up. I installed the app to view it, just to find out they give a few minute teaser before requiring one to pay for the service. What a joke!

Apple needs to fix this flaw or hang it up. The service will never make a go of it the way it is set up now.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 9:39 PM in response to Vancouver22

Who wants to take the time to sort through the content to determine what is free Apple viewing vs. content another service has to be subscribed to in order to view it? No other streaming service I use is set up like that. Besides the lack of selections on Apple TV +,, having to wade through the the content to determine wh

at can be viewed for free is likely why most everyone uses other services over Apple.

FOX News was a good example of the bologna Apple serves up. I installed the app to view it, just to find out they give a few minute teaser before requiring one to pay for the service. What a joke!

Apple needs to fix this flaw or hang it up. The service will never make a go of it the way it is set up now.

Dec 1, 2020 10:15 PM in response to toddfromnewton

toddfromnewton Said:

Am I the only one annoyed by Apple TV +?: [...]FOX News was a good example of the bologna Apple serves up. [...]Apple needs to fix this flaw or hang it up. The service will never make a go of it the way it is set up now.

———-

This is No Flaw:

Many people post in these forums about the feeling if of annoyance from this. But, Terms & Conditions are part of this, and you agreed to it. There’s nothing much else to say, than to recommend you read Terms & Conditions prior to subscribing to it, and to give Apple feedback.

Do your Part - Provide Feedback to Apple:

You can recommend this be an option to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback the receive on this, the more they will know what their customers need and want.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple
  2. Select: "Comment on the Experience (Setup, Design, Using Apple TV)" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Dec 1, 2020 8:10 PM in response to toddfromnewton

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free with your subscription 

There are other channels and iTunes content in the TV App that requires payment - in other words there is no Apple TV Plus App

Am I the only one annoyed by Apple TV +?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.