Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when I try to use the green/blue screen it turns my picture completely black? ( I am trying to import a video in from keynote that I made)

Why when I try to use the green/blue screen in iMovie it turns my picture completely black? ( I am trying to import a video in from keynote that I made)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 4:07 PM

Hi, Lontae11,

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing that. Try deleting preferences. It is a safe procedure. To delete preferences, open iMovie

while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the green/blue screen feature works properly.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 4:07 PM in response to Lontae11

Hi, Lontae11,

Possibly a corrupt preference is causing that. Try deleting preferences. It is a safe procedure. To delete preferences, open iMovie

while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the green/blue screen feature works properly.

-- Rich

Why when I try to use the green/blue screen it turns my picture completely black? ( I am trying to import a video in from keynote that I made)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.