Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase sharing with separate payments.

My family wants to share purchases with family sharing but also wants to be able to pay for subscriptions and purchase individually. Is there a way to do this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 11:30 PM

There is not. Purchase Sharing requires that the organizer gets billed for family purchases. If compensating each other is too difficult or unwanted, then your group will have to opt for Family Sharing without Purchase Sharing.

One exception is to use individual account balance for payments, as account balance is used before other payment methods.

NB: Some subscriptions are shareable without Purchase Sharing, such as Apple TV+ and other Apple TV app Channels.

Share purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

If you (the organizer) don't want to pay for purchases of a specific adult family member, you can remove them from your family group or turn off purchase sharing for everyone.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 11:30 PM in response to SimplySarie

There is not. Purchase Sharing requires that the organizer gets billed for family purchases. If compensating each other is too difficult or unwanted, then your group will have to opt for Family Sharing without Purchase Sharing.

One exception is to use individual account balance for payments, as account balance is used before other payment methods.

NB: Some subscriptions are shareable without Purchase Sharing, such as Apple TV+ and other Apple TV app Channels.

Share purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

If you (the organizer) don't want to pay for purchases of a specific adult family member, you can remove them from your family group or turn off purchase sharing for everyone.

Purchase sharing with separate payments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.