You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff and Continuity not working between my MacBook Pro and iPhone

I have:

MacBook Pro 16 2019 - macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

iPhone 8 - iOS 14.2

Can't make the handoff and continuity work between these two devices.

AirDrop between these devices works perfectly. Both devices are visible on my iCloud accounts, location services are ON so I can find one device from another etc.

Tried almost anything I could find on the web:

• Signing off from iCloud, turning Bluetooth, Wi-fi and Handoff OFF, restarting, than turning everything ON and logging in again on both devices - DOESN'T WORK - also tried various combinations of this
  • Removing the Bluetooth files from the Library/Preferences - DOESN'T WORK
  • Reseting Network Settings on my iPhone - DOESN'T WORK
  • Bluetooth pairing - DOESN'T WORK

This feature works between my Macbook Pro 13" 2015, and it worked fine with my Macbook Pro 13" 2019 I sold.

This is getting very frustrating now. Spent more than 5 hours trying to find a solution to this problem.

Can you help somehow?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 5:06 AM

Ok, I've solved it.

Thing is although I was logged in on my iCloud, I wasn't logged in in my FaceTime and Messages with an Apple ID.

Once I did this on my Macbook, everything started working, including the universal clipboard, and full handoff features.

Hope this helps someone.

Similar questions

1 reply

Handoff and Continuity not working between my MacBook Pro and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.