You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are still showing the "cloud" symbol but I no longer get the download option

Just migrated from an older Windows 10 PC to a new one. In iTunes, most if not all of the songs had the "cloud" symbol showing. Initially I was able to mark many of the songs that I wanted to download, right-clicked on the highlighted list, and was given the "download" option. It worked well.

Now, I still have a lot of songs that are still showing the "cloud" symbol but I no longer get the download option. If I play the song, then I get the download option.'

How do continue to download all these songs?

[Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:17 AM

Thanks for the help. As it turns out I found a workaround of sorts...if I played one of the songs that wasn't downloaded, then highlighted it and others not dowloaded, it then gave me the option (by right-clicking the highlighted list) to download them all. Very strange but it worked.

2 replies

Dec 8, 2020 3:40 PM in response to artmann99

Hi there artmann99,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like some songs are not downloading after migrating from your old PC to your new one. We’ll be happy to help.

To start, does the cloud symbol match what shows in the download section here: Play, download, or remove songs from iCloud Music Library on PC. Are you able to follow those steps to complete a download?

If not, follow these steps: If music, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store, Apple Music app, or Apple TV app stop downloading. We hope this helps.

Best regards.

Songs are still showing the "cloud" symbol but I no longer get the download option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.