Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no longer able to scan or print with big sur

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) I can no longer print with my lexmark e260d printer nor can I use the scanner on my photosmart c4780 all in one due to uninstalling the Hp drivers upon msg from HP that my computer would be damaged. I have read that others have had the same problem but no helpful suggestions or steps to repair that have worked form. In fact only step I have taken has been with scansmart from hp has worked. Has anyone been able to fix the problem I have had?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 11:52 PM

Your HP Photosmart C4870 was last supported by HP in Mac O X Mavericks 10.9 and the last update for it was in 2014. Now that you have uninstalled the previous drivers, there are no new drivers to install, so it is unlikely to work in Big Sur. The situation is the same with your Lexmark, it was last supported in Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 as well and the last update was in 2013.

You can't expect these manufacturers to support their products ad infinitum, they want to sell you new products.

Count yourself lucky you have been able to use them for so long.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 11:52 PM in response to Jkays

Your HP Photosmart C4870 was last supported by HP in Mac O X Mavericks 10.9 and the last update for it was in 2014. Now that you have uninstalled the previous drivers, there are no new drivers to install, so it is unlikely to work in Big Sur. The situation is the same with your Lexmark, it was last supported in Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 as well and the last update was in 2013.

You can't expect these manufacturers to support their products ad infinitum, they want to sell you new products.

Count yourself lucky you have been able to use them for so long.

no longer able to scan or print with big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.